If watching the best Hearthstone players in the world compete against one around wasn't enough of an incentive to watch the Grandmasters Season 1 playoffs this weekend, players can now earn card packs by doing so as well.
On Tuesday, the Hearthstone team announced they will be re-enabling Twitch drops alongside the tournament, providing goodies for those who just tune in to watch. A Rise of Shadows pack will be given to those who watch the event take place starting on July 12 for three consecutive or non-consecutive hours over the weekend. For those who watch six hours, another pack will be awarded as well. Each hour, the Hearthstone team will be giving away 1,500 Classic card packs to viewers in addition to the packs above.
In order to be eligible to receive the packs, users must ensure their Twitch account is linked to their Blizzard Battle.net ones which can be done by following the steps below:
- Log in or create an account on Twitch.tv.
- Navigate to the Settings menu by clicking your account name in the top-right corner of the home screen.
- Navigate to the Connections tab of the Settings menu.
- Find the Battle.net section, then follow the instructions after selecting a region and clicking Connect.
- When connecting accounts, be sure that you’re currently logged into the Blizzard account on which you’d like to receive your rewards.
The event itself kicks off on July 12 at 2 am PT and concludes on Sunday. Players can follow the action live on Hearthstone's main Twitch channel.
Sort comment by :