Trick said the finals against SKT T1 would be pretty hard.
On May 20th (PDT) in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; G2 Esports beat Flash Wolves in the second semifinals of Mid-Season Invitational 2017. After the match, Kangyoon "Trick" Kim was interviewed by OGN for his thoughts.
Trick started his interview with a mention of G2 Esports' performance. He said, “We did pretty bad during the group stage. But we finally regained our form, and go into the finals. That’s why I’m so happy.”
He also mentioned the Olaf pick. “We prepared the semifinal as like other matches. I have not played Olaf even once, but I thought Olaf is good champion to pick after I watched Peanut’s play.”
When asked what the team talked about after the 3rd game's defeat, Trick answered with a previous episode. “During EU LCS playoff, we always won 3-1. Even when we lose one set, but we never doubted our victory. When the 2nd set ended, we told ourselves “Even if we might lose on 3rd set. but we will win 4th.”
Finally, Trick said a few word on facing SKT T1 at the Finals. “SKT T1 is a very strong team. Our goal is to not go down without a fight. We will do our best, but it seems pretty hard.”
▣ Other MSI 2017 Articles
- [Match Report] G2 vs WE Match Analysis #5: Why G2 couldn't finish off WE in Game 3
- [Interview] G2 Zven: "Doing scrims against SKT, WE, FW allowed us to learn and catch up"
- [Interview] G2 Expect on the finals: "We could have a good match with SKT"
- [Interview] G2 PerkZ on the success of his Lane Kingdom: "It's the books."
- [Interview] G2 Trick on the finals against SKT T1: "Our goal is to not go down without a fight."
- [Fun] Koreans' reactions to WE vs G2: "Congrats to G2 for winning the MSI 2017 Human's Bracket!"