What is IGEAS
IGEAS 2020 is a virtual networking event for the collegiate esports industry. Although the world has changed, the need for networking, mentorship, and innovation within the collegiate esports space has stayed the same. Using a new virtual event platform, Inven Global is inviting all students, educators, esports professionals and academic administrators to join us in four days of virtual networking, panels, tournaments and more.
Who should attend IGEAS?
- Student leaders and passionate esports hopefuls.
- College administrative professionals,admissions officers, academic advisors and athletic Director,
- STEAM educators who want to learn about esports and student engagement
- Esports industry experts looking for careers in academia.
- Marketing professionals looking to expand their knowledge of esports and it’s consumers.
How can Esports help solve modern education problems?
- Esports helps engage with an increasingly digital student body with near limitless reach.
- Esports broadens the net used to identify and develop student excellence in a variety of forms.
- Esports can be one of the most cost effective ways to put a school “on the map” and increase enrollment.
- Esports provides new avenues for schools to build their reputation, branding, and student body pride.
- Esports provides innovative ways to encourage dynamic and practical explorations of STEAM learning.
- Esports can provide valuable 3rd party sponsorship opportunities for events that students love
Join us September 17th - 20th and jumpstart your successful esports ambitions at IGEAS!
17th - 18th Panel topics include:
Understanding the esports ecosystem -- major players and future milestones What the data says about Gen Z and gaming Why STEM students are so in love with esports. Building an esports presence to build student confidence and engagement. How to leverage gaming technology to teach vital life skills. Neurodiversity and esports -- unlikely allies in the fight for student engagement. How to empower your most involved gaming student leaders through an esports program. Success stories: how esports put these schools on the map. The straight truth: does gaming impair student learning? Where’s the funding? How competitive gaming programs are well within your reach. How can esports help at-risk students? How can esports help at-risk students? Esports is waiting -- the road path to your virtual events pivot. Student built, student lived: how to best guide esports minded students. Esports scholarships -- the battle towards creating the most compelling sponsorship.
19th - 20th Tournament:
The largest collegiate esports tournament in the country is back—with a twist. The 2020 Harrisburg University Esports Invitational will be fully virtual in an effort to ensure the health and safety of the 500+ student-athletes who will participate. HUE will provide a welcome opportunity for students to show their skills and connect with the collegiate esports community across the United States. This year’s League of Legends and Overwatch teams will compete for a piece of the $20,000 prize pool. This two-day tournament will match more than 60 collegiate esports teams (entry is currently open) in pool play elimination rounds on Saturday, September 19. Quarterfinals, semifinals and finals will be held on Sunday, September 20. Games will be live-streamed with commentary from some of the industry’s most influential caster Our networking functionality and virtual space will be active throughout both tournament days -- enjoy high level collegiate competition while you expand your network! Learn More
SPONSORS & PARTNERS
If you'd like to sponsor or partner with IGEAS in any way,
All partnerships welcome!