One of the biggest news of BlizzConline was the announcement of Diablo II: Resurrected. Remake of a 20-years old masterpiece was exciting news for both long-time Diablo fans and new players who only played Diablo 3. Blizzard officially stated that Diablo II: Resurrected will be launching in September 2021, which means that there are about two months left. For those of us who are waiting for the Resurrection, Blizzard announced news that there will be an update in Diablo 3 that will honor the legacy of Diablo 2.
Diablo 3 Season 24 will introduce a new weapon-type called “Ethereals”. With the season theme of “Ethereal Memory”, 21 iconic weapons from Diablo 2 will be making a return. These will have unique icons, names, item types, and sounds originally found in Diablo 2. Season 24 will begin on July 23, at 5PM (PDT/CEST/KST), which will be a great way to spend time with the memories of Diablo 2 until the launch of Resurrected.
Here are some details of Ethereal weapons:
- Ethereals cannot be acquired through Kanai's Cube or from Kadala.
- Ethereal rarity drop rate is set between Ancient and Primal items.
- There are 3 unique Ethereals per class.
- Each Ethereal has fixed affixes and rolls one random Legendary Weapon power and one random Class Passive Skill.
- Only one Ethereal can be equipped at a time.
- Ethereals ignore item durability loss.
- Ethereals cannot be Enchanted, Transmogrified, Dyed, Reforged, or traded.
- Ethereals can be augmented.
- Collecting all 21 Ethereals during Season 24 will reward players with the Feat of Strength, Ethereal Recollection. Players who accomplish this will have all Ethereal transmogrify options available for future seasonal and non-seasonal play.
- Ethereals only drop in Seasonal play, and will not transfer to your non-seasonal character when the season ends.
Now here is the list of 21 Ethereal weapons (3 per each of 7 classes)
The new season will start shortly after this article is posted. Prepare for a journey and adventure to feel the power and nostalgia of Diablo 2!
All images source via Blizzard