PUMA has released a new collaboration with Nintendo, inspired by Super Mario 3D All-Stars. Featuring Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy, the collection has a wide range of tones and shapes.
The footwear styles come in five different designs celebrating Nintendo’s beloved plumber. The classic J.Cole signature basketball shoes, the RS-Dreamer, the Future Rider, RS-Fast, and Clyde all have been designed to fit the Mushroom Kingdom’s fastest Koopas.
Key footwear styles in the collection include:
- Future Rider Super Mario 64: Inspired by Super Mario’s first 3D adventure, the shoe’s upper design takes nods from Mario’s recognizable red and blue outfit, his trusty Wing Cap, and the game’s landscape color palette. Additional details include a set of bricks on the midsole, a wing embellishment on the heel, and a Super Mario 64 hangtag.
- Clyde Super Mario Sunshine: Inspired by Mario’s adventures in the tropical Isle Delfino, the shoe features details from the water-filled game, like the F.L.U.D.D., the Shine Sprites, and overall color scheme. The Clyde Super Mario Sunshine also includes a Mario hangtag where he is seen holding his F.L.U.D.D.
- RS-Dreamer Super Mario Sunshine: Inspired by Mario’s adventures in the tropical Isle Delfino, the shoe features details from the water-filled game, like the F.L.U.D.D., the Shine Sprites, and overall color scheme. The RS-Dreamer Super Mario Sunshine is available in both kids and adult sizes.
- RS-Fast Super Mario Galaxy: Inspired by the 2007 Super Mario Galaxy, the shoe gives a mix of black, purple, white, and metallic silver with a galactic print. Mario’s sidekick, Luma, is clearly noticeable throughout the design.
- Future Rider Nintendo Entertainment System™: Paying homage to Nintendo’s original console, the shoe will be available in infant, kids, and adult sizes in early December. The grey, red, and black color scheme is a direct nod to the system’s design. The tag on the shoe’s tongue features the cover of the first-ever Super Mario Bros. game. Other fun embellishments include the Power and Reset buttons, and a hangtag shaped like the Classic NES™ Controller.
Prices range from $40 - $125, the Future Rider Super Mario 64, RS-Fast Super Mario Galaxy, the Clyde Super Mario Sunshine, and the RS-Dreamer Super Mario Sunshine will be available starting Friday, November 27, while the Future Rider Nintendo Entertainment System™ shoe will be launching globally on Friday, December 4.
All styles will be available on PUMA.comwww.puma.com, at the PUMA NYC Store and select retailers worldwide, while the Clyde Super Mario Sunshine and RS-Dreamer Super Mario Sunshine will be available at U.S. Foot Locker stores and online.