We are in the middle of the summer season. You know what that means, the yearly summer event in Overwatch. Each year seems to top the previous year with additions and changes from skins, Lucioball, and miscellaneous content. This year does not divert from the standard.
This year, a new array of skins, sprays, and player icons are on the plate for players to earn. Lucioball is back and faster than ever to bring quicker and more chaotic gameplay. Also back from previous events are weekly challenges.
Let's take a look at the new additions made for this year's Summer Games event in Overwatch.
The following has been sent to Inven Global as a press release.
NEW GAME MODE - LUCIOBALL REMIX
- This is a faster, more chaotic, multi-ball version of Lucioball.
- There are normally 2 balls in play throughout the match. If one gets scored, it respawns after a brief time.
- Bonus balls are periodically spawned and are worth 3 points.
- Players are not reset when a goal is scored. You keep playing.
- Mercy rule: Games end early if one team has a 10-point lead.
- Busan is getting new pillars and surfaces for more wall-riding opportunities.
- Sydney is getting a ton of jump pad surfaces, and more wall-riding opportunities.
UPDATES TO LUCIOBALL
- You can now crouch while midair to lunge down to the ground.
- Lucio’s cooldowns are much shorter.
- Lucio’s boop and punch range are increased.
- Lucio moves a little faster.
- Jump pads launch players a little higher.
- Added gamepad rumble to goal-scoring moments.
- Mercy rule: Games end early if one team has a 5-point lead.
- These can be completed in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or the Arcade for limited-time sprays, player icons, and an epic skin on top of standard earnings normally received for playing Overwatch.
- Win 3 Games | Baseballmari Player Icon
- Win 6 Games | Union Jack Spray
- Win 9 Games | Union Jack Tracer Epic Skin
- Win 3 Games | Golfmari Player Icon
- Win 6 Games | Sand Castle Spray
- Win 9 Games | Sand Castle Bastion Epic Skin
- Win 3 Games | Surfimari Player Icon
- Win 6 Games | Ice Cream Spray
- Win 9 Games | Ice Cream Orisa Epic Skin
- This year’s Summer Games includes 5 new Legendary Skins (Tropical Baptiste, Lifeguard Pharah, Feskarn Brigitte, Karate Doomfist, Surf’s Up Echo) and 3 new Epic Skins.
Aside from Weekly Challenge rewards, new cosmetics also include 2 highlight intros, 1 emote, 3 poses, 7 player icons, and two sprays.
Head to our home page for our latest gaming and esports content!
Find full schedules, brackets, and more for your favorite esports on Juked.gg!
Writer @InvenGlobal | Freelanced at @overwatchscore @vpesports @GinxTV @Upcomer | Former CLICKON Media and Echo Fox.