On December 21st (Thu), the Ranger got a pretty big buff as part of the balance adjustments for each class in Black Desert Online (BDO) KR. The basic attack damage has increased, along with the change in the amount of required stamina for Absolute: Evasive Shot, the control of Blasting Gust, increased range for a number of skills, and changes in skill effects.
Most Korean players who play Ranger left positive reviews. In particular, they are satisfied with the change of control for Blasting Gust, and claim that the grinding speed has become relatively faster due to the increase in damage. However, a few were disappointed in mana regeneration missing from this patch.
Ranger balance adjustment details
Basic AP at Level 60 has increased by 9.
- PvE damage has increased as well.
- In order to keep PvP damage the same as before, PvP damage has increased by 2.8%.
Absolute: Evasive Shot will consume 100 stamina.
Aerial Evasive Shot will consume stamina in accordance with the skill’s rank.
Ultimate/SP/Absolute Charging Wind will have a skill cooldown.
- Ultimate/SP/Absolute Charging Wind will have Forward Guard when off cooldown.
You can now use Blasting Gust via entering additional key commands using Ultimate: Evasive Shot.
Press Q+W or Q+S while having Ultimate: Evasive Shot, and you will be able to use forward/backward Blasting Gust quickly.
- Blasting Gust used with the above commands will Knock Down enemies in PvP as well. (not available during cooldown.)
You can now use Ultimate: Descending Current by holding LMB after Descending Current.
The range of the following skills has increased.
- Tearing Arrow, Charging Wind, Pinpoint, Evasive Shot, Bow Skill, Razor Wind
Fixed an issue where the falling animation occurred when using Flow: Rushing Wind after Vine Knot.
Graphics of Nature’s Tremble and Regeneration were adjusted to match the skills’ actual AoE.
Fixed an issue where the target’s location was abnormal when the target was hit by Spirit’s Shackles.
Skill effect of Breezy Blade has changed.
- Invincible while moving > Invincible before attacking
Korean players’ reaction to the Ranger balance adjustments
- First of all, the patch itself is amazing. The increase in basic attack damage, PvP knockdown for Blasting Gust, increased range, and invincibility for Breezy Blade, I love them.
- I tried it myself and found out that the added command of Blasting Gust through Ultimate: Evasive Shot made it much more convenient.
- I’ve been dreaming of the Blasting Gust command change since last year, and it’s finally done. I am satisfied.
- I felt strange not getting CC-ed while casting Blasting Gust, and found out that you receive the Super Armor while casting, although it’s not in the patch notes.
- This might be the best patch I’ve ever experienced since I started playing this game. The amount of required stamina for Absolute: Evasive Shot has changed, allowing a longer combination with Blasting Gust, Charging Wind, and Evasive Shot.
- It says that Breezy Blade was the only one that got fixed, but Wind Step also makes you invincible. This bug fix is crazy.
- Just when everyone thinks that the Ranger’s damage is already on the top-notch level, they increased it more. All we wanted was to fix the bug, and I love it.
- I tried to grind with the changed Absolute: Will of the Wind, and it took 3 shots to kill one that needed 4 before.
- You see, the basic damage has increased, and I can feel the change even in PvP.
- I am so happy for the increased damage, although it would’ve been nicer to have the mana regeneration patch as well.
- Though I’m satisfied with the improvement of mid-close range bow skills, I will not ask for more if they also improve Penetrating Wind, which is the long range skill.
Ranger grinding at Ruins of Histria (Source: KR Inven: 뻐렁)
A pair of TET: Red Coral Earring, Kutum Dagger, AP: 234