The following was sent as a press release to Inven Global.
The Red Bull Solo Q World Finals are here!
The official 1v1 League of Legends tournament culminates in New York this October
- The official 1v1 League of Legends reaches its peak in New York on the 14th-16th October 2022!
- The World Finals will feature the top players from the tournament so far and will determine the best solo competitor in the world.
- Bragging rights aside, each finalist will also get access to the League of Legends World Championship during the tournament days, also taking place in New York at the same time.
- Four of the finalists qualified from international qualifiers, which gave participants a second chance to qualify after their National Finals.
- Red Bull continues their commitment to enabling amateur League of Legends players to use the tournament as a springboard for success, giving players the opportunity to be scouted by teams from all over the globe.
- AGON by AOC is the official Monitor Partner for the event, bringing exceptional visual clarity and ultra-high refresh rates to competitors. AMD also joins Red Bull Solo Q as Technology Provider, ensuring the high-performance computing that will push the boundaries of the tournament.
London, 22th September 2022 - Red Bull Solo Q, the official 1v1 League of Legends tournament, has revealed details of its epic world final, which will land in New York, Wyndham Garden Chinatown, during League of Legends Worlds! The tournament, which began in March, will wrap up with a closed LAN event for the series’ top players taking place not too far from the most prestigious League of Legends event of the year.
The circuit kicked off earlier this year, with national tournaments spanning through the year and across 25 countries, alongside various international qualifiers, giving players a second chance to progress.
Aside from the bragging rights that come with winning Red Bull Solo Q, the participants will split the 10,000 EUR prize pool. Each of the Red Bull Solo Q World Finalists will also receive access to the Group Stage (14-16 Oct) of the League of Legends World Championships, to watch live the nail-biting action taking place at the Hulu Theatre at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
Red Bull Solo Q is well known for adding a new challenge to the League of Legends format; 1v1 duels where the player must take down the opponent’s tower, or take their opponent down twice before seven minutes to claim victory. Just like all national finals, the Red Bull Solo Q World Finals will be played on Howling Abyss All Star. The offline final will take place in New York, close to the League of Legends World Championship show, which is the most prestigious tournament a League player can dream to take part in.
With only one champion being crowned and becoming part of League of Legends history, this is one of the best chances to showcase their skills to scouts for aspiring League of Legends players aiming to go pro. Local heroes and legends will emerge in New York, implementing strategies and using champions that League fans haven’t seen before in traditional competitive League of Legends. Each participant will have the chance to leave their mark while also experiencing a unique and unforgettable event–for many the biggest stage they will have competed on.
In last year’s iteration of Red Bull Solo Q, Danish player Mads "Viggomopsen" Mikkelsen took the crown and this year’s Danish qualifier, Carl ‘Curl’ Gyldenkærne, who has been an avid League of Legends player since he was 11, hopes to emulate the success of his compatriot: “My goal is to defend the title for Denmark in hopes to make my good friend Viggomopsen and my country proud.”
Curl will be joined in the World Finals by national qualifier winners from around the world, including Dutch duellist Menno ‘Genno’ Geelhoed, a 24-year-old elementary school teacher who ‘accidentally’ managed to qualify for the Red Bull Solo Q world finals: ‘During my two weeks off in the Spring, a friend pushed me to also join the Red Bull Solo Q online 1v1 tournament. That's how I ran into the online qualifier by chance... and here I am!’
Red Bull Solo Q has teamed up with industry leaders to produce an unforgettable experience for players & fans alike. AGON by AOC, a global leader in gaming monitors, is the Official Monitor Partner for the event, bringing exceptional visual clarity and ultra-high refresh rates to competitors. AMD joins as Technology Provider, ensuring the high-performance computing that will push the boundaries of the tournament.
I write. I rap. I run. That’s pretty much it.