"Before the match, I knew that we were the better team."
On the 17th, at the first semifinals match of the 2019 MSI, Team Liquid had their fans jump out of their seats by defeating the world champions, IG, with a score of 3-1. TL CoreJJ was a reliable support that made just the right plays in about every situation throughout the series.
"I'm extremely happy that we won. I'm even happier knowing that starting this Summer, it will no longer be called an "upset" for Team Liquid to defeat a top team from another region," CoreJJ said.
In response to a question regarding the preparation for today's match, CoreJJ stated, "We actually didn't play a lot of what we had prepared beforehand. Instead, we picked and played what we were good at, on the spot." CoreJJ further added that he told his teammates, 'we are the better team' before arriving at the stadium to invigorate them before the match.
Regarding the extremely unique Lux pick in game 4, CoreJJ told the interviewer that "Jensen said he wanted to play it, he said it seemed like a good pick for the match. (Laughs) Lux was a champion that saw play during the NA LCS Finals."
CoreJJ then made predictions for the SKT vs. G2 semifinals match. "SKT is a powerful team, and they were on a good streak near the end of the group stage," he said. "While we're at it, we're going to push for the trophy. Whoever comes to face us, we'll give them a good game. There's a lot left for us to show."
- News Golden Guardians defeats Dignitas in tiebreaker; secures final spot in 2020 LCS Spring Playoffs Mar 30, 2020
- News Immortals to miss 2020 LCS Spring Playoffs after losing tiebreaker match to Dignitas Mar 30, 2020
- Editorial Cartoon [Cartoon] Double the intensity, but the pause never dies? Thoughts on the first week of online LCK. Mar 30, 2020
- News [UPDATED 3/30] The 2020 LCS Spring Split concludes Monday, March 30th with four tie-breaker matches Mar 30, 2020
- News Riot's esports technical lead talks Corona virus pivot and more during IGEC 2020 digital panel. Mar 30, 2020
- Interview C9 Vulcan: "...I didn't want LCS Player of the Week to get in the way of denying TL the playoffs." Mar 29, 2020