Riot is keeping its promise to ensure Teamfight Tactics is an ever-shifting game mode. Just one day after patch 9.15 swept through with changes to over half of the champions, a total of four new champions have landed on the Public Beta Environment client. Camille, Jayce, Vi and Jinx all belong to a brand new origin called 'Hextech' (think of the Hextech Gunblade), but each have a different class.
When activated—which happens when either two or four of the aforementioned champions are on board—the Hextech synergy at random disables items that enemy champions are wearing; when two Hextech units are on board two random items will be disabled, and when the full synergy is triggered a total of four items is disabled.
The Hextech champions are slated to join the live servers on August 14th, with patch 9.16.
Camille, the Hextech Blademaster
- Ability: Hextech Ultimatum - Camille roots and damages her current auto-attack target. Camille's abilities that can attack that target will switch their current target to do so.
- Meta: Ideally, Camille can single out an enemy and help her team focus fire them down. Explicit external control over AI's targeting is a new effect, and we'd like to see players consider who they want to target on the enemy team.
- Tier: 1
Jayce, the Hextech Shapeshifter
- Ability: Thundering Blow + Transform Mercury Cannon - Knock back his target then change to ranged, gaining max attack speed for a few attacks.
- Meta: Jayce is able to break up the enemy frontline fairly early on in the fight, a premium and rare effect in TFT. Jayce has particularly low mana cost for a shapeshifter (50).
- Tier: 2
Vi, the Hextech Brawler
- Ability: Assault and Battery - Vi targets the furthest enemy and launches towards them, knocking aside everyone else while knocking up and dealing damage on impact with her target.
- Meta: Vi provides backline access on priority targets. Something we particularly wanted for Brawlers.
- Tier: 3
Jinx, the Hextech Gunslinger
- Ability: Get Excited - Jinx gets more excited as she scores takedowns. After her first, she gains attacked speed. After her second, she pulls out Fishbones for AoE damage on Autos.
- Meta: Jinx is a ramping AoE AA carry (opposed to Draven ramping single target AA carry). She's a particularly squishy, high risk/reward carry.
- Tier: 4
Sort comment by :