Valve's now weekly update to Dota Underlords was delayed by a day, but it was worth the wait. Aside from the usual tweaks to the game, with some UI improvements, bug fixes and balance changes, the publisher added a test-phase Battle Pass to their autobattler. The 'Proto Pass' is a completely free-to-play progress system awarding cosmetics from emotes to a new game board.
Some form of progress system was due, as players didn't have any reason to play other than ranking up. Now though, there are 25 levels (you start at Level 1), each with their own reward. Levelling up can be done by regular play—either PvP or versus bots on Hardcore difficulty—which earns XP. Every 24 hours Daily Challenges will appear as well, providing large chunks of Proto Pass XP to speed up the levelling progress.
Sorted by type, these are the cosmetics currently unlockable in the Proto Pass:
- 5 Flag Banners
- 4 Flag Standards
- 2 Fireworks Effects (sprites displayed after winning a round)
- 5 Profile Rings
- 3 Player Yo's (in-game emotes)
- 2 Teleport Effects
- 2 Win Streak Effects
- 1 Game Board (unlockable now, will be added to the game later)
With the Proto Pass Valve is testing the waters for Dota Underlords' release. So far the company has listened loyally to the game's community, and by adding this experimental Battle Pass the developers are simply asking: what type of rewards work for Dota Underlords?
Full patch notes:
The Proto Battle Pass is now available and ready for testing. All current and future beta testers get access to this pass for free.
Visit the Proto Pass page to learn more.
- Scoreboard UI improved.
- Post game now shows items and alliances.
- Post game now includes scoreboard overview.
- General UI improvements and bug fixes for different aspect ratios and devices.
- Expanding on last week's change: Combat continues until all projectiles have completed their travel, up to a max of 5 seconds.
- Fixed Neutrals not displaying stats correctly in the unit stats panel in combat.
- Fixed heroes stunned with short duration spells (like Clockwerk's Battery Assault) resetting their attack timers and thus attacking faster than allowed.
- Increased accuracy of the matchmaking system at high skill levels.
- Apply alliance effects to summons.
- Make alliance indicators properly dynamic in the UI (Fall From Grace now shows properly on humans, etc.).
- Warlock alliance no longer triggers on item activate, just spell activate.
- Fixed Venomancer wards having -50% magic resist instead of 50% magic resist.
- Fixed Disruptor, Alchemist spells not continuing their effects after their death.
- Gyrocopter no longer targets units in the air when casting Call Down.
- Split Shot:
- Changed extra shots from 3 to 2.
- Will ignore nearby targets that happen to be outside Medusa's attack range.
- Split Shot:
- Berserker's Call:
- Since you can't cast spells while taunted, and since we are using the Silence effect, getting taunted now officially silences.
- Berserker's Call:
- Fixed Big-Time Contract sometimes not applying.
- Aegis has changed: it now only activates on damage that would otherwise be fatal. It no longer preserves streaks.
- Fixed Divine Rapier being removed at the start of combat. Losing a Divine Rapier now no longer removes a potential item slot.
- Tooth and Claw now has proper duration.
- Fix Silver Lining crash.
- Fix missing name for Eidolons.
- Fix Wicked Intent amplifying regen instead of dampening it.
- Fix crazy numbers on healing display when Wicked Intent is in play.
- Units blinking using Blink Dagger will clear their active target and reacquire once the blink is done. Fixes units chasing their original enemy.
- Coordinated Assault auras don't stack. NOTE: More than one copy will still increase the bonus.
- Fall From Grace: item description changed to make clearer that the item turns Human into Heartless, it does not add Heartless as an additional alliance.
- Hide from your big boss: Steam invisible mode is now supported.
- More performance improvements on both iOS and Android platforms.
Storyteller by heart. If something is competitive, I am interested in it.