Counter-Strike Global Offensive is now Free-to-Play and includes a new Battle Royale mode called Danger Zone. Users online have compiled useful notes for players eager to jump in for the update.
However, HenryG did mention a want for a redesigned matchmaking and ranking system, with Esports pundit Slasher agreeing with him.
Either way, the update shows that Valve is still paying attention to CS:GO and wants to ensure that it remains a top FPS title for 2018.
The full release notes for 12/6/2018 are listed below:
[CSGO – Danger Zone]
– Introducing Danger Zone, a fast-paced battle royale game mode built on CS:GO’s tactical gameplay. For more details, visit: www.counter-strike.net/dangerzone
– Danger Zone can be played solo, or in squads of two or three players.
[FREE TO PLAY]
– CS:GO is now free to play. For more details, visit the F2P FAQ.
– All players who played CS:GO before the Danger Zone update will receive a commemorative Loyalty Badge they can display on their profile.
– All current CS:GO Players have been upgraded to Prime Status
— Prime Status continues to match you with other Prime Status players
— Additionally, your Prime Status will give you access to the new Souvenir MP5-SD | Lab Rats (available by earning XP while playing Danger Zone matches) and the new Danger Zone case.