Claiming that the studio has been "custom-tailored" to host "local attendees and broadcast audiences around the world", Blizzard secured the future travel arrangements of thousands of gamers today by announcing the Blizzard Arena Los Angeles. The need for such a space has become apparent in the last 2 years, as Blizzard esports have been recently ramping up at a never-before-seen pace from the usual glacier company. Located at the iconic Burbank Studios, Blizzard Arena will be the go-to destination for the company's passionate fan base.
“We’re at a tipping point for esports and we look forward to helping usher in a new era of competition-based entertainment. As we open the doors of Blizzard Arena Los Angeles and welcome fans from around the world, we’re honored to bring the best in Blizzard esports to the same stage that some of the biggest names in entertainment have called home.”
- Mike Morhaime, CEO, and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment.
A place for fans
Blizzard Arena Los Angeles will also include a Blizzard retail store where a rotating selection of game specific items will be made available for each event. In addition, the arena will feature multiple sound stages and even practice facilities where teams can prepare for whatever esport event is taking place.
Currently, Blizzard will make use of the new arena in the following ways:
- Public opening October 7-8 with Overwatch Contenders, Season one Playoffs
- Starting October 13th, the Hearthstone Summer Championship with $250,000 on the line and spots for the Hearthstone World Championship.
- Overwatch League players will "take their first steps toward stardom" at the new Blizzard Arena, implying this Los Angeles will be used.
- The Heroes of the Storm HGC finals in late October and the World of Warcraft Arena Championship both in late October. It seems as if these two events may be happening at the same time.
Sort comment by :