Five days after Riot Games announced the next champion coming to League of Legends, the full list of abilities for Nilah: The Joy Unbound was revealed on the Public Beta Environment (PBE).
Scheduled to officially go live alongside patch 12.13 on July 14, Nilah is described by the League of Legends' development team as a bot lane skirmisher who has plenty of unfinished business on her mind:
"An epic-seeker and woman of unflinching, bombastic glee, Nilah is a warrior ascetic pledged to a legendary order, known for repurposing the power of the ancient demon of joy to right wrongs and slay great evils. She practices a strict code of rite and ritual that connects her to this demon, its power appearing as shimmering, incandescent water from the spiritual lake that serves as its prison. Though on an epic quest to find those who sealed Viego within her country’s borders, she senses the imminent return of an even greater threat and resolves to face these myths of the old world as only she can."
Her list of abilities is as follows:
Passive: Joy Unending
- If Nilah last hits a minion she and the nearest allied champion gain 50% of the experience that would normally be lost from sharing with nearby allies.
- Nilah gains additional effectiveness from heals and shields given to her by allied champions. When a nearby ally casts an ability that heals or shields Nilah or themselves, Nilah grants the additional benefit to both herself and her ally.
Q: Formless Blade
- Passive: Attacks and ability damage against champions ignore some of their armor and heal Nilah for part of the damage dealt. This effect scales with crit chance and can overheal, granting Nilah a shield.
- Active: Nilah strikes in a line damaging all enemies hit. Hitting an enemy increases Nilah’s attack range and attack speed for a few seconds. Additionally, her basic attacks will splash in a cone, dealing additional damage.
W: Jubilant Veil
- Nilah envelopes herself in mist, causing her to briefly gain movement speed, reduce incoming magic damage, and dodge all incoming basic attacks. Touching an ally champion hides them in the mist, granting them the same bonuses for half the duration.
- Nilah dashes through a target unit, damaging all enemies she passes through. Nilah can hold 2 charges of Slipstream at once.
- Nilah can cast Formless Blade (Q) during Slipstream to pull a wave in her path, dealing damage and activating her empowered attacks.
- Nilah spins her weapon in an area around her, dealing damage and pulling enemies in toward the center with a final burst. This damage heals Nilah for a portion of the damage dealt, converting excess healing into a shield. The healing and shielding scales with critical strike chance and is shared with nearby allies.
Tim Rizzo is the editor and a reporter for Inven Global. He joined the company back in 2017.