Less than a month after Riot Games revealed their most recent League of Legends champion, Zeri, they are back at it again.
On Tuesday morning, the 159th champion in the game's history, Renata Glasc, was announced. Given the moniker of "the Chem Baroness," Renata Glasc is being introduced as a support champion who is ready to unleash her own brand of nasty on the rift.
According to the development team, Renata Glasc stands atop Zaun as a wealthy business mogul who is much better to have as an ally than an enemy.
Coming in Patch 12.4 on February 16, Renata Glasc's kit is as follows:
- Renata Glasc’s basic attacks mark her enemies and deal bonus damage. Damage from Renata’s allies consumes the mark, dealing additional damage.
- Renata Glasc sends out a missile from her robotic arm that roots the first enemy hit. She can reactivate the ability to throw the enemy in a target direction, damaging enemies hit and stunning them if the thrown target is a champion.
- Renata Glasc grants an allied champion or herself ramping Attack Speed and Move Speed toward enemies. If the ally gets a takedown on an enemy champion, the buff duration resets. If the ally would die while Bailout is still active, their health is set back to full but they begin burning to death over 3 seconds. The ally can stop the burn by getting a champion takedown before they die.
E: Loyalty Program
- Renata Glasc sends out chemtech rockets that shield allies and damage and slow enemies they pass through. The rockets also apply their effects around her on cast and in an explosion at max range.
R: Hostile Takeover
- Renata Glasc sends out a cloud of chemicals that causes enemies to go Berserk, increasing their Attack Speed and forcing them to basic attack anything around them. Berserk enemies prioritize attacking their own allies, then neutral units, then Renata Glasc's team, then Renata Glasc herself.
Tim Rizzo is the editor and a reporter for Inven Global. He joined the company back in 2017.