In a crossover event that fans of Epic Game's Fortnite and anime lovers could only dream of, Naruto and the rest of Team 7 are set to drop into the battle royale title starting on Tuesday.
Official announced on all of Fortnite's social platforms, Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke Uchiha, Sakura Haruno, and Kakashi Hatake himself are ready to unleash the nine-tailed beast and take down the competition.
For the crossover, Epic Games chose to specifically focus on Naruto: Shippuden which takes place years after the original series ends and showcases an older and more mature (arguably) cast of characters. Naruto: Shippuden ran from 2007 through 2017 and featured exactly 500 episodes.
As for how Epic Games will merge the two franchises that entertain millions around the world daily, where else would players start except by looking at the in-game shop's offerings?
The following items will be entering the game and can be grabbed individually or in a trio of bundles until the event ends:
- Naruto Uzumaki (with Seventh Hokage variant Style): Believe it!
- Sasuke Uchiha (with the Snake Sword Pickaxe): My only goal is in the darkness.
- Sakura Haruno (with Sakura Uchiha variant Style): We have to be strong. You and me together.
- Kakashi Hatake (with Black Ops Kakashi variant Style): I'll protect you with my life. All of you.
- Pakkun Back Bling: Kakashi's smallest ninken.
- Demon Wind Shuriken Back Bling: A shuriken with fearsome curved blades.
- Hidden Leaf Cloak Back Bling: A warm cloak fit for going on missions.
- Scroll Back Bling: Contains Techniques
- Black Ops Sword Pickaxe: A sword used by the black ops.
- Kunai Pickaxe (with Black variant Style): A sharp weapon favored by the shinobi.
- Snake Sword: Sasuke's beloved sword.
- Hidan's Scythe: The scythe of choice for curse rituals.
Gliders and emotes
- Kurama Glider: A fearsome nine-tailed beast sealed inside Naruto Uzumaki. (Comes with the Shinobi Teamwork Loading Screen)
- Summoning Jutsu Emote: Did you remember to form your contract?
- Ramen Break Emote: Treat yourself to a lil' shinobi snack.
Looking the part of a shinobi is cool and all but going on covert missions and wielding ninja tools is where the real excitement takes place.
According to Epic Games, players will be able to encounter Kakashi sensei himself (if they can find him) and set players up with ninja-themed Quests to unlock goodies and earn experience for the duration of the season.
One such weapon that Kakashi and Team 7 will be arming themselves with during the event is the patented Paper Bomb Kunai. Arguably one of the most popular ninja tools in the series, players will be able to find the explosive as a new weapon in Chests, Loot Llamas or Kakashi himself.
As if that wasn't enough, the Fortnite development team is creating an entire Creative Hub specific to the series. If you've ever wanted to explore the Hidden Leaf village to check out where the Hokage lives, the Chunin Exams take place, and more, now is your chance.
Tim Rizzo is the editor and a reporter for Inven Global. He joined the company back in 2017.