[8.24.1]Pre-Season 9 Lulu Support Guide
(Last updated on December 30, 2018)
[8.24.1]Pre-Season 9 Lulu Support Guide
(Last updated on December 30, 2018)
Take Ignite in good Matchup, Take Exhaust in bad matchups
Start this Support item if you're in a good matchup. For example, you have the range advantage.
Take this if you're in a difficult matchup. Such as against somebody who out trades you.
Make sure that you always upgrade your Support item first.
I generally do not go too far of this build path. I recommend that you always build these items on Lulu.
Here are the boots that are good on Lulu. Realistically, these are the only situational items for her.
Here are two other items that can be useful on Lulu.
I recommend always starting E for added damage and protection at level one. Follow this Ability guide if you want the best results!
Tahm is incredibly squishy and immobile in the early game. Use this to your advantage by consistently auto attacking him and shredding his health. As he is melee, he is very easy to play against. However, do not let him lick you as you can get killed for it.
Lulu is very good against utility based Supports. She will out damage Janna which makes this a really easy lane to play against.
Lux is rather squishy and immobile. Use this to your advantage by poking her down whenever she miss positions. Try to dodge her Q though, as if it does bind you, you may pay for it. This is more of a skill based matchup, so keep that in mind when they playing against her.
As suggested previously, Lulu is fantastic against utility based Supports. Use this to your advantage by going for frequent and consistent trades. Utilising your Q and E will make this match up a lot easier.
Soraka is another utility based Support which means she will lack damage. She's also rather squishy, so keep that in mind when you play against her. As soraka does a lot of healing, it is best to focus her down in any exchange so the ADCarry does not return to full health.
In this match up, you can shield a lot of his damage which makes this match up a normal or medium difficulty. Use your shield on yourself to neglect a lot of his damage.
Lulu's shield is perfect at blocking champions damage. Karma has a lot of damage in the early game which means that you can neglect some of her damage which will assist you in winning this lane. If she uses her empowered Q on new, block it with your shield.
One of Nami's most efficient ways of trading is with her heal. If she positions herself far up in the lane and looks to be using it aggressively, use your shield to block some of the damage. If you do not do this, she will out trade you and out sustain you through healing.
In a Nautilus matchup, it can go either way. All you really need to do is not get hooked by him and just put him down throughout the laning phase. Even though he is a tank, he is rather squishy - so use this to your advantage by poking him down consistently whenever he tries to get stacks on his supporting item.
Make sure that you hit level 2 before the enemy. If they get level 2 before you, leona can just engage on you. This is a good match up for you if you can keep poking her down and not get caught by her. If you were to get caught by her, you will die as you are very squishy.
This is a rather difficult matchup for Lulu as she is rather squishy and immobile. If the enemy was to hook her, she will probably die. This is why it is so important that you dodge his queue at all times. I recommend standing in between the minion ways to prevent Blitzcrank from getting free hooks on you. When he runs towards you, use your W to get away.
As Lulu is rather squishy, one combo from this champion can be the end of you. Alistar is really good at knocking up and killing enemies and one of his biggest strengths is playing against utility-based Supports. In this matchup, try to poke him whenever he tries to get stacks on his support item and other than that: play really safe.
Thresh has a hook that can easily catch you out of position. Try to prevent him from getting free Q's down on you by hiding in between the minion wave. You can use your W to speed yourself up and get away from his Hook if he decides to walk up to you. Lulu is rather squishy, so try to avoid being hooked at all times.
Morgana is really difficult to play against because of her binding. If you were to get hit by it, you will be locked in position for quite some time. This can make it very difficult for you to survive the laning phase as you are rather squishy. Try to avoid being hit by this at all cost.
This is a difficult matchup for Lulu because the enemy can engagement you very easily. I would recommend that you play ultra safe and not position too far up in lane. If Rakan tries to engage on you, back off and use your W on him. In team fights, you can use your ultimate to disengage.
You should always takeLulu
For bonus stats, stick to 2x Adaptive Damage and 1x Armor!
As suggested, you can take any of the
Let's discuss how you play in a team fight as
Every champion in this game has their pros and cons and Lulu is no exception. In this section, I'm going to discuss what makes ulu a good champion but also list of some of her downfalls.
1) She is really good at protecting her carries. As Lulu is a Utility Support, she has a few different abilities that can be used to protect her carries and she is really effective at it.
2) She has a lot of poke potential. As she is ranged and has poke abilities, she can do a lot of damage in the laning phase. This is especially true if she's against melee champions.
3) She can complete her warding quest quite quickly. No matter what starting item she takes, she can easily stack either of the items.
4) Her Ultimate is on a really short cooldown. This means that she can use it more often.
5) She doesn't have many combos. This can work in your favour as you do not have to rely on lots of different key combination.
6) She's simple to play. This can work in your favour as you do not need to have that much practice on her to perform well.
7) She is a fun champion. Some champions in League of Legends are not that fun to play- but Lulu is a fun one.
1) She is very squishy. This can make it difficult for you to lane against players with hard engage or lots of damage.
2)She is quite immobile. Even with Lulu's W, she is still quite slow which can often result in you getting killed if the enemy engages on you.
3) She cannot be the front line. If your teen has no front line, Lulu cannot pick up the slack for your team.
4) Lulu relies on her team to deal damage. She should be built as a Utility Support and not as a damage Support. She also has to rely heavily on her team to do things as she doesn't have the highest impact of any champion.
1) Always stands next to your ADC and protect them in team fight. This will give them the highest chance of surviving a team fight. Positioning in team fights is extremely important when it comes to winning them!
2) Whenever you have stacks available on your warding quest, make sure you attack the enemy and consume the stacks. This will grant you extra gold as well as complete your quest quicker. But avoid last hitting minions as it can delay your warding quest.
3) When trading with the enemy who also deals damage, use your shield on yourself to neglect some of their damage. This is a valuable technique to use against a
4) Go for frequent trades using your auto attacks rather than abilities to make good use of your Passive. However, do utilize your abilities to deal extra damage.
5) Help your ADC farm under tower by auto attacking the back minions once and then let your ADC finish them off. Generally, AA the minion once, let the tower hit them and then let your ADC finish them off.
6) Try your hardest to poke the enemies down throughout the laning phase. This will give you and your ADC a higher kill threat in lane.
7) Make sure you auto attack the tower to consume some of your starting item stacks. This will allow you to get your quest completed quicker.
The early game for this champion is very simple. All you need to do is poke the enemy, protect your AD Carry and play aggressive whenever it is suitable. As Lulu is a Utility Support, she will need to prioritise the health of her AD Carry over herself. All you really need to do is try to get your warding quest done and protect your ADC.
As Lulu is very squishy, try to avoid any skirmishes that will not work in your favour- especially if the enemy has more damage than you. When I play Lulu, I prioritise staying safe and poking whenever I'm free to and not when it is dangerous to do so.
During the mid game, you need to stick close to your ADC and protect them at all time. Prioritising your AD Carries life over yours will enable you to win teamfights more frequently. In team fights, you need to use all of your abilities to ensure that your ADC survives. If they died, it may be difficult for your team to win the team fight as there are lack consistent damage.
I recommend that you use your Q on the enemy to slow them down. Then use your W to either speed up your ADC or use it on the enemy to slow them down and prevent them from getting on to your team. Finally, you then want to use your Ultimate to knock up and prevent any enemies getting on top of your carries.
In the later stages of the game, there is great emphasis on protecting your carries at all time. All you need to do is peel for them and protect them from getting killed. As death timers are quite long in the late stages of game, make sure that they stay alive for as long as possible. Utilizing your kit and your items will allow them to stay alive for longer and deal more damage.