[8.9.1]★ Season 8 ★ Assassin
(Last updated on May 10, 2018)
[8.9.1]★ Season 8 ★ Assassin
(Last updated on May 10, 2018)
Nickname : 클로우리
Hi guys. Kha’Zix was my one and only pick throughout season 3 - season 8(pre-season).
I’ve been using the ID: 카직스대표(currently it has been taken from someone).
I wrote my first LoL guide in season 4 and received an 'Excellent Guide' in Inven.
In season 5 I quit LoL and as I started the game again, I’ve been only using Kha’Zix.
I used to livestream and did receive a lot of questions about Kha’Zix.
Hope that this guide will come in handy.
PD(Unseen Threat + Draktharr)
Q (Taste Their Fear)
W (Void Spike)
RP (Void Assault/Passive)
R (Void Assault)
- > abbreviated to PD, Q, W, E, RP, R
Using Leap first
- > E + Q + PD
* basic combo
- > E + Q + PD + W
* Using Leap as your first skill and then using Void Spikes when the opponent flees.
Not using Leap first
- > RP + PD + Q
* basic combo
- > RP + PD + Q + W + E + basic attack + Q
* Use the Void Assault passive to slow down the enemy and then slow it down again. Use Leap to get close and finish it off.
-> Should always be ready to use: R + PD + Q + W + R + PD + Q .
1. R - > Q - > W
2. Q - > R - > W
Q. Why don't you evolve Leap?
A. If you evolve Leap, the landing speed decreases compared to the basic Leap skill.
Yes, you can escape after a kill or assist, but I still don't evolve it because I use R evolution.
- - - - -
/ - > safe jungling
/ - > fast junglingt
What to buy on your first recall
+ + - 1000 gold
- 1100 gold
+ - 1400 gold
What to buy on your second recall
1. If your first recall items are + - >>> +
2. If your first recall items are + + - >>> +
3. If your first recall item is - >>> +
4. If your first recall items are + - >>> +
- >> - >> - >> - > - > - > > > > Duskblade of Draktharr
* Why you have to build Serrated Dirk first: Kha'zix's skills have short cooldown skills so no need to consider cooldown reduction in early game. Focus on armor penetration.
* Why you need Duskblade of Draktharr as your first core item: good combination with Void Assault
- >> - >> - >> - >> - >> - > > > > Youmuu's Ghostblade
* Youmuu's Ghostblade active ->> Void Assault to move long range + deeper penetration to enemy territory + escape skill + chasing skill
3rd core item:
- >> - >> - > > > > Guardian Angel
* Why build Guardian Angel??: Kha'zix is a champion that usually moves individually. When penetrating through opponents alone, your teammates might not be in range for help.
At the point where you build the Guardian Angel, the game is usually in its teamfight phase. When you assassinate the opponent AD, you will be focused on. Of course, escaping would be the best result, but if you cannot, Guardian Angel becomes a good initiator making the fight a 4 vs 5.
* Why build Last Whisper??: Before upgrading to Lord Dominik's Regards or Mortal Reminder, armor penetration is a very efficient stat for assassins like Kha'zix.
It gives you additional 35% armor penetration, which is quite a high amount. Helps you to take down tanks.
* What is additional(bonus) armor penetration?: Reduces enemy armor which were obtained by items. For example, if an enemy receives 100 armor from their items, Last Whisper will cut down 35 armor.
4th core item
Edge of Night or The Black Cleaver
- >> - >> - >> - >> - > > > > Edge of Night
* Why build Edge of Night??: Edge of Night is like an active version of Banshee's Veil. You get a skill shield that lasts for 7 seconds that blocks the next enemy ability.
My play style is to assassinate and escape. That's why I mostly use it for just the attack boost. (build when you have no other penetration items left to buy)
- >> - >> - >> - >> - > > > The Black Cleaver
* Why Build The Black Cleaver??: When dealing physical damage to an enemy champion, The Black Cleaver reduces enemy armor by 4% which stacks up to 6 times maxing up to 24%. This means the basic skill combination: - -- already cuts 12%. However, I mostly do not choose this item because Kha'zix is more of an assassin that deals burst damage. You really don't need to cut down armor with relays of physical attacks. That's why I usually stick with .
5th core item
Lord Dominik's Regards or Mortal Reminder
* Building Lord Dominik's Regards as your 5th core item: When the opponent has high HP but has low life steal.
* Building Mortal Reminder as your 5th core item: If there is a strong healer on the opponent side. If your team has no Health recovery reduction items.
EX) Soraka, Dr. Mundo, Vladimir, Nasus, Janna, ADCs with The Bloodthirster
*Boots of Mobility is a must!*
Q. Why choose Boots of Mobility? Isn't Mercury's Treads(a lot of CC) or Ninja Tabi(strong ADC) better?
A. When out-of-combat, Evolved Adaptive Cloaking (R evolution) passive is triggered. Boots of Mobility passive is also triggered when out-of-combat. This means you can seek for surprise kill situations when you're escaping.
If I'm not certain whether Evolved Adaptive Cloaking will be triggered or not, I check the cooldown for the Boots of Mobility to make it easier.
Also, it goes well with Celerity .
'Difficulty' is just based on my personal thoughts. Machup difficulty usually differs from player to player.
I'll just list 'difficulty' and some additional tips below.
★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
Nunu - Consume only makes his jungling faster.
Amumu - Curse of the Sad Mummy makes him strong in team fights. Well, 'Only' in team fights.
Cho'Gath - Try not to get hit by Feast when you engage for a fight. Remaked Vorpal Spikes makes tank Cho'Gath better in 1 vs 1.
Kayle - Intervention will make her invincible for 2 seconds. Use Void Assault . It will earn you one second which makes Kayle's ult only a second long.
Twitch - He needs to immediately Flash out when encountering Kha'Zix in the jungle. Twitch might slip away with Ambush .
★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆
Nidalee - Evade Javelin Toss ! The Prowl passive won't be triggered which means her Pounce wouldn't be enhanced as well. This also means you have more possibility to strike first. An over powered Nidalee still has to hit Javelin Toss in order to strike first. So don't hesitate for a 1 vs 1 once you've evaded it.
Nautilus - You probably won't go against him.
Master Yi - If you encounter a skilled Master Yi user, run away. Meditate + auto-attack reset will rip you apart. In early stages, you do have a chance but in late games you have to avoid fighting 1 vs 1. If you can strike first, you have a good chance of winning.
Malphite - Not a good champion for ganks if his Unstoppable Force isn't ready. Chances are you won't see Malphite go jungle.
Kayn - Shadow Assassin Kayn is easy. However, Darkin Kayne is fairly tanky and has percent maximum health damage so it'll hurt a lot. Don't go 1 vs 1 on Darkin. Try to widen the gap before he transforms .
Jax - Counter Strike will give you severe damage on 1 vs 1. If Jax uses Counter Strike and Leap Strike combination, use Void Assault . By cloaking, you'll get a great damage deal advantage.
Diana - Moonsilver Blade x3 hits hurts a lot. The burst damage from Crescent Strike + Lunar Rush combo is lethal. Crescent Strike has an arc form so try walking towards Diana and evade the skill. After that, go in for an attack. You’ll win.
Ivern - Easy 1 vs 1. However, Ivern’s jungling is fast and can outgrow Kha’zix. Also there are threats for counter jungling. Engage for a 1 vs 1.
Volibear - With Chosen of the Storm(P) , Volibear is strong on 1 vs 1s. Be careful of Frenzy + Majestic Roar combo and Thunder Claws burst damage. Hard to win in late games because he’ll become real tanky. Volibear’s jungling is fairly slow, but strong in ganks. Try to go 50:50 and you’ll win.
Ezreal - Was an up-and-coming jungle champion, but went back to ADC using Kleptomancy . Ezreal is still strong. Also good with ganks. Nothing more.
Skarner - Didn’t face Skarner these days.
★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
Graves - Try to evade the detonation of End of the Line . Kha’Zix can get some 1vs1 advantage when Graves reloads.
Rek’Sai - Quite similar to Kha’Zix. Rek’Sai’s Queen’s Wrath + x3 basic attack is stronger than Kha’Zix’s Taste the Fear . To win, you have to strike first. If not, you’ll lose. If Rek’Sai comes in using Void Rush , use Flash or Leap when she’s jumping towards you. She will still fly towards you but the damage will be cancelled.
Lee Sin - Dragon’s Rage is cancelled when Kha’Zix use Void Assault . Wait for Lee Sin’s Sonic Wave . Evade the skill and then strike back. Try to use your skills and give him the most damage you can before his Sonic Wave resets. Be careful when you chase down a low HP Lee Sin. He’ll counterattack using Sonic wave .
Riven - Be careful when she uses Broken Wings to close down on you. Focus when she uses Valor dash . Remember these two tips; you can’t lose. But after level 6, if Riven has the same number of core items, avoid going 1 on 1.
Vi - Blast Shield shield and Denting Blow %HP damage is something. If her Assault and Battery is ready, it is hard to do anything in teamfights. If Vi’s ult is in cooldown, try to assassinate the enemy ADC.
Shaco - Not a difficult matchup. Jack in the Box fear, illusion from Hallucination , escaping using Deceive might make things really confusing. Still, the result doesn't change. Kha'Zix can win.
Jarvan IV - Fast jungling using Dragon Strike . Can also escape well. Also good when chasing down an enemy. Be careful of the Demacian Standard + Dragon Strike + Cataclysm combination. Try to evade Demacian Standard + Dragon Strike airborne. Then engage 1vs1.
Zac - An out of sight Elastic Slingshot will gives Zac a great gank advantage. Even in jungle 1 vs 1 situations, Zac will get back up by earning time using Cell Division passive. But the matcup itself isn’t that difficult.
Pantheon - If you're hit by the Aegis of Zeonia stun, it will give you a great damage deal disadvantage. Try to strike back after the stun is over. You can still take back control. Just be aware of the Aegis Protection passive.
Hecarim - Kha’Zix wins 1 vs 1. Hecarim might escape using Devastating Charge . Onslaught of Shadows is quite threatening. Also, he is a fast jungle clear champ.
Rengar - His jungling speed is not that bad and has a ferocious level 6 gank. If you widen the gap before he hits level 6, it’ll be easier. However, Rengar can always strike back using Thrill of the Hunt . 5 stack Unseen Predator means +25% attack damage so try to widen the gap in early game. In general, Kha’Zix has the gank advantage because Rengar’s ganking routes are rather limited to brushes.
★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Shyvana - Very fast jungle clear champ using her Burnout . Also, strong on 1 vs 1s. After marking the enemy with Flame Breath , she’ll use Burnout + Twin Bite which will deal huge damage. If you strike first, chances are you’ll be countered by her Dragon’s Descent . Try to out level Shyvana and widen the item gap before she reaches her second core item.
Rammus - Frenzying Taunt can be a huge damage loss threat for a skill based + burst damage champion like Kha’Zix. Defensive Ball Curl reflect damage is something to worry about. Try to out level him and widen the item gap before Rammus reaches his second core item. You can’t lose if you make 2 vs 2 situations or go in for counter ganks.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Elise - Spider Queen passive will make spider form Elise almost immune to isolation. Attack when Elise is in her human form. Well, she’ll still surprise you with some enormous burst damage. If you get hit by Cocoon , no doubt you’ll lose. Rappel is a good escape tool and an efficient skill to withstand enemy focus.
Oracle Alteration - HARD COUNTER. You’ll get caught trying to assassinate and probably get hit by a non-target skill.
Why you need to build the Boots of Mobility