On December 29th, OGN announced on its official website that Taehyo “Benz” Kim is prohibited from entering all events hosted by OGN for 12 months. The justifications were the use of vulgar words, inappropriate action in or out of the game, boosting an account of a certain game by proxy, among others.
Below is the full text by OGN.
Hello, this is OGN.
As we have notified the public previously, after having a meeting with KST eSports on December 28th (Thu), we have acknowledged Taehyo “Benz” Kim’s use of vulgar words, inappropriate actions in or out of the game, boosting an account of a certain game by proxy, and gaining financial benefits from such action, and have decided to penalize the player and the team in accordance with PSS Beta Regulation distributed to each team and player.
1. Date: December 28, 2017
2. Time: 14:00
3. Location: OGN office
4. Participants: OGN, PUBG Corporation, related personnel from KSV eSports
1. Taehyo “Benz” Kim
1) Affiliation: KSV eSports
2) Result: 12-month prohibition from participating in all OGN events as of the date stated above
3) Grounds: Violation of the “Chapter 9 Player and related parties’ Code of Conduct” in the PSS Beta Regulation
- 9.1.1) Violation of the “Deviation from Sportsmanship”
- 9.1.2) Violation of the “Use of vulgar and/or discriminating words”
2. KSV eSports Team
1) Result: a team warning
2) Grounds: Application of the “Chapter 9 Player and related parties’ Code of Conduct” in the PSS Beta Regulation
- 9.1.6) Penalty: a team may receive a team warning if the team or an affiliated player deviates from the codes of conduct.
3. Addressed date: December 29th, 2017
4. Effective date: January 7th, 2018
Meanwhile, AfreecaTV has not yet made an official announcement, but it is expected that the team and player will be penalized on the same level.
Sort comment by :