Inven Global is pleased to announce Twitch’s Director of Student and Education Programs, Mark "Garvey" Candella, as their keynote speaker for the first annual Inven Global Esports and Academia Summit, held virtually throughout September 17 - 20th.
Candella is a passionate champion for the expansion and advancement of collegiate esports. His work has been vital in connecting the esports industry with academic leaders (both student and professional) through a shared goal of expanding esports into the mainstream and promoting student excellence through competition.
What is IGEAS
IGEAS 2020 is a virtual networking event for the collegiate esports industry. Although the world has changed, the need for networking, mentorship, and innovation within the collegiate esports space has stayed the same. Using a new virtual event platform, Inven Global is inviting all students, educators, esports professionals, and academic administrators to join us in four days of virtual networking, panels, tournaments, and more.
Who should attend IGEAS?
- Student leaders and passionate esports hopefuls.
- College administrative professionals, admissions officers, academic advisors and athletic Director,
- STEAM educators who want to learn about esports and student engagement
- Esports industry experts looking for careers in academia.
- Marketing professionals looking to expand their knowledge of esports and it’s consumers.
IGEAS is a ticketed virtual event located on our virtual event platform.
- Premium virtual goody bag featuring giveaways, codes, and gifts from our sponsors.
- Access to Swapcard networking features and IGEAS Networking Assistance Team
- Placement on the preferred list for all future Inven Global industry events and giveaways
- Admission to IGEAS Career Fair
- Student goody bag featuring rewards and gifts from select sponsors"
- Access to Swapcard networking features
- Admission to IGEAS Career Fair
(email email@example.com for bulk purchasing rates or if you are a student looking to attend our event through other means)
With the support of Hitmarker and our partners, we are also holding an Esports Career Fair from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM on September 17th and 18th on our virtual event platform.
Our Esports Career Fair will feature a large collection of visitable booths from our sponsors, esports organizations, colleges with esports programs, and other valuable resources for the esports opportunity seeker.
- How to use your standard degree towards an esports career.
- Staring at screens: what are students really doing when competing in esports?
- Esports scholarships -- the battle towards creating the most compelling sponsorship.
- Where’s the funding? How competitive gaming programs are well within your reach.
- How to take your student esports group to the next level.
- How to start your own competitive esports team at your university.
- Making the jump from college graduate to an esports career.
Any many more!
Our line up of speakers and special guests has been selected for their undeniable contributions to the collegiate esports scene and their sincere desire to improve the space in meaningful ways. We are bringing top industry talent together to determine the future of collegiate esports and how academic leaders can benefit from an increased understanding of and subsequent collaboration with the esports industry.
Here are just a few of our speakers so far!
Dr. Kristopher Alexander
Elijah Hudson Gallagher
More speakers to be announced soon!
To close off the event, IGEAS has partnered with the HUE Invitational, a massive 60+ team collegiate League of Legends and Overwatch tournament produced by Harrisburg University and their championship varsity esports team, The Storm.
The matches will be broadcast on Harrisburg's official Twitch Channels. IGEAS Ticket holders will be able to continue networking and visiting our virtual booths and career fair during the tournament on the 19th and 20th.
https://www.twitch.tv/harrisburguniversity - Overwatch
https://www.twitch.tv/harrisburguniversity2 - League of Legends
To learn more about the conference and how to register, visit www.invenglobal.com/igeas