skysolstice

level 4 skysolstice submitted about Apr 15, 2019

World Cyber Games announces their new logo for WCG 2019 Xi'an.

Comments 7   |   views 1,616

“Terracotta Warriors”, one of representative symbols of the first host city for newly launched WCG series, was applied as a design element.
Chinese ancient terracotta warriors were reinterpreted into digital assets, and the name of the host city was expressed and completed with an identity that informed the start of the new WCG.

What is the Terracotta Warriors?

Terracotta Warriors were made for the funeral of Emperor Qin (259-210 BC), the first Emperor of China, which are real human and horse-shaped remains found in the Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor.

The mausoleum of the tomb of Qin Shi Huang, located in Xian, Shaanxi province, China was coincidentally discovered by a farmer who was digging a well in 1974.

About 10,000 pieces of terracotta warriors discovered are life-sized and presumed to be based on actual people and horses of the time, and the presence of terracotta symbolizes the immense power of Emperor Qin.

7 Comments

Sort comment by :

level 5 paulvilanoma

Oh that's so cool I didn't know the Terracotta warriors were discovered in Xi'an. That place seems to have such a rich history. WCG really picked a nice place to have the event. Can't wait to see players and teams from all over the world to create their own history on stage as well!

level 4 Rei_Ka

I'm actually hoping that the World Cyber Games Grand Finals would do a spectacular show that'll better than a certain 3d dragon :P

level 6 paulvilanoma

@Rei_Ka

I am not sure how you beat a 3d dragon. Maybe a whole Terracotta army perhaps xD or even more dragons! If they have the budget for it. While that is all cool I am still there more for the game. As long as they got the proper systems and good connection it should be a great event.

level 1 Subscibe2Pewds

@paulvilanoma

Or they can have Pewdipie do a commentary for the grand finals in WCG Xi'an China, and then they can sing Bitch Lasagna and Congratulations. That would be Epic.

level 4 HanaSong

Well, it's good that WCG integrated the host country's ancient culture in a modern gaming event like this. Such a pretty clever way to boost tourism in China.

level 6 paulvilanoma

@HanaSong

Yeah the mixture of esports and nationalism with the idea of bringing culture into this modern scene of video games is pretty neat in terms of marketing and exposure for both WCG and Xi'an. I am looking forward to what the players will say and experience when they get their fully paid trip to the Finals.

level 1 aramko_aramko

Write your comments

Insert Image

Add Quotation

Add Translate Suggestion

Language select