Rei_Ka

level 1 Rei_Ka submitted about Mar 26, 2019

DOTA 2, Biggest Game in WCG

Comments 7   |   views 1,732

Valve’s DOTA 2 is probably the most loved and famous game WCG has for their 2019 games. This game is a legend that has put (MOBA) Multiplayer Online Battle Arena on the gaming map back in the earlier days of competitive gaming. It’s not a game that would be forgotten until the end of gaming itself as it has put a mark on all gamers from around the world.

There isn’t a gamer that would not have heard of this game, even the new generation gamers of today.

The 5v5 battle arena has become a staple for most gamers, and it is a famous genre indeed. Despite the rise of Battle Royals like Fortnite and Overwatch, MOBA will forever be in all the hearts of Esports fans and players.

And no one can say they are MOBA fans, without knowing DOTA 2.

From what I heard, WCG is extending registration and are focusing on teams and players that have yet to make their debut in any the esports tournaments.

7 Comments

Sort comment by :

level 1 geraldinofrivia

Yeah I agree Dota 2 is the biggest game to be at WCG this year. And for the registration I think they're extending it to April 2. As for other games it is interesting to think about the history of Dota, being a custom map in Warcraft 3. And Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne is going to be present in this tournament as well. I personally think it's cool to see these games together, titans from different times standing together, and how Dota 2 could not exist without Warcraft.

level 2 Rei_Ka

@geraldinofrivia

I actually miss Dota 1 lol I remember Rhasta and Blood Mother being my favorite.

level 1 HanaSong

I am happy that they have Warcraft III and DOTA 2 in WCG this year. I just hope they have more popular games like LoL, CS:GO, and Overwatch next year. I wouldn't be surprised if I also see PUBG or Apex Legends next year since Battle Royale games is almost everywhere.

level 1 Audrey_Spency

I am happy that they have Warcraft III and DOTA 2 in WCG this year. I just hope they have more popular games like LoL, CS:GO, and Overwatch next year. I wouldn't be surprised if I also see PUBG or Apex Legends next year since Battle Royale games is almost everywhere.

https://tutuapp.uno/ , https://9apps.ooo/ , https://showbox.run/

level 2 paolovee

@Audrey_Spency

It's nice to also see they have awesome card games like Hearthstone and Clash Royale. Apex is really fun and battle royales are the trend right now but I don't see them being as competitive as other games because they are more chaotic and random than other strategical games.

level 1 Subscibe2Pewds

@Audrey_Spency

I want Overwatch to be in WCG or in any other tournament. More Overwatch. Overwatch, Overwatch Everywhere. Then I can die peacefully.

level 3 paulvilanoma

@Subscibe2Pewds

I agree it would be cool for Overwatch to be in more tournaments. And I think it's pretty big globally and in Asia especially. But for now I think the line up is pretty awesome. Especially now they revealed that Starcraft 2 is gonna be at WCG again. Starcraft 2 definitely belongs in WCG.

Write your comments

Insert Image

Add Quotation

Add Translate Suggestion

Language select